Tips For Mobile Printing On A MacBook Pro Or Air
As with many Apple gadgets in our lives, planning ahead before heading out the door with your portable printer is wise. Whether you're traveling with your MacBook and a HP OfficeJet Mobile Printer or a Canon Laptop Photo Printer, a diminuitive Epson WF-100 photo inkjet, or a compact and ultra-light Primera Trio printer/scanner combo - keep these things in mind to get the prints or scans you need on the road:
Mac Laptop Printer Travel Advice
- If you rely on battery power for printing: Charge it and laptop before departure.
- Double-Check you've packed the printer's USB and AC-power or recharging cord.
- Portable printers generally don't have paper trays, keep a stack wrinkle-free in a manila envelope.
- Protect the printer. HP makes a protective combo printer/laptop case designed for the OfficeJet series.
- Canon doesn't offer a carry case for their portable printer, but many 3rd-party cases or sleeves work well.
- Know your printer's buttons and error light codes down cold if it doesn't have an LCD display.
- You can always look up maintenance and operation tips on the web if needed.
- OSX Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion, etc. have built in drivers for most laptop printers, visit manufacturer's site if needed.
- Wireless printing via Apple AirPrint will need password access to a nearby wireless router.
- Mobile printers that support WiFi Direct don't need a wireless network available.
- Pack SPARE ink so you don't have to hunt down an OfficeMax, BestBuy or OfficeDepot out of desperation.
- Be replacement ink savvy: Know your cartridge or tank numbers.
- Ink replacement #'s can be confusing. Many printers support several different Standard or Hi-capacity cartridges.
- Opt for HIGH-CAPACITY 'XL' replacement OEM ink carts when possible for more prints per tank.
- Generic ink tanks or remanufactured cartridges may fail when you need to print most.
Portable MacBook PrintingA bit of foresight and planning can insure when push comes to shove you can get the critical prints or scans you need when traveling on business with your MacBook laptop, iPad, or iPhone.
Tags: Apple Compatible Printers | Printer For MacBook | Battery Powered Printer | Mobile Printer For Mac Laptops